Sunday, May 11, 2008



Mistaya and I at Place Des Arts for the Houston Ballet Production of Madame Butterfly. Neither one of us had a chance to fully read the synopsis so twenty minutes into the first act I turned to her and said, "I have no idea what is going on." I also wish I had brought snacks to chew on. Mistaya leaves on tour to Singapore in a few weeks. She's kinda not excited. I don't blame her. She's been on tour non-stop for a while now.

There's been so much going on lately. A lot of changes are happening at work. Many new faces and people are leaving for the summer or trying new things. Now that the weather is warmer the city is getting more vibrant which is exciting. I'm trying to go to as much social events as I can but it's a little tough with my schedule. I did get a chance to go to Stereo to see Victor Calderone spin which was great. His set was a lot edgier than what I was used to. Not as tribally but grittier and darker with some electro undertones. I wondered if the Montreal crowd brings that side of him to the forefront or if this is the style he is now embracing. The crowd was great. All in all it was a very long night for me because I closed the restaurant that night and Stereo didn't open until 2am. So I went home, took a nap and went to Stereo around 4 and stayed till about 8am. Pretty crazy considering a did not partake in any party favours.

I really wanted to go see MANDY at Tribe last week but I got a nasty cold and wasn't even able to make it out to Segafredo on Wednesday for Sneaks, Beats and Life. It's really tough for me to step away from something like that because when DJs come into town I really want to go to see them spin and hear their track selections.

This coming week is a bit of a party blitz of sorts. DeadMau5 will be at Stereo this Friday which I'm pretty psyched for. Saturday Jojo Flores is spinning classic House at Cherry but earlier that evening my sister will be Battling at Club Soda so I really want to be there and show support (work it girl!) This is Sunday is also the beginning of Piknic Electronik which has a pretty wicked line up this year (Mistress Barbara, Loco Dice) but more importantly it's Carla's birthday on Sunday. There's also Sneaks, Beats and Life on Wednesday and possibly yoga on Thursday. Last Monday I actually took ballet class. "Mark, you're becoming a true Vicente now" says my sister.

what I'm reading: A New Earth, Eckhart Tolle.
what I'm watching:Pangea Day www.pangeaday.org, John and Kate Plus 8, Grey's, What Not to Wear, The Hills (Season Finale baby!)
what I'm listening to:M.I.A. Brazilian Reggae (thanks Phil!), Moby's new CD Last Night.

No comments: