Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September

The start of the School Year. This is the time when it feels like it all begins, when things get a little more serious, when people hunker down and get to business. I can't believe what an extraordinary Summer I had.I never thought that I would be in Montreal and enjoying my life the way I am right now. I really do feel grateful and blessed. I have been having a blast teaching Zumba and also DJing at Houstons Steakhouse. I cannot wait and see what adventures await for the Fall.

Brendan is in town which is always great. I always enjoy the time we spend together since he is one of my closest friends. As I get older I feel like it's important to value these friendships. We went tot he movies last night and then I took him to MBrgr to share a dessert Cookie which I had been craving for a while. So yummy!

Today I am hitting the gym with Dan, a personal trainer I met at Houstons. I am nervous! I am really scared that he's just going to break my body in two. I'm just a wuss. I hate being yelled at, cajoled, confronted, coerced, pushed, bullied. I think that is what it is, I think I don't enjoy the feeling of being teased and bullied into things. But I have a goal of putting on twenty pounds by next Summer. I would love thirty but I'll be happy with twenty. I have always been such a skinny guy and I've been talking about gaining muscle forever. The truth is I don't think I can reach this goal on my own. I need help. So I hope Dan will be patient with me.

Other things I want to take on this month:

- Watch two Independent Films. I used to do that a lot in Toronto but I sort of stopped when I got to New York. I think it's something that could really be enriching.

- Cook something new. I tend to eat the same meals on the time. It might help if I had a good, easy cookbook to follow. I just think it might be fun.

- Write more. It's getting better. I write almost every morning in my journal which is cool. I've been struggling with my dance book though because I take myself way to seriously. If I could just structure myself thirty minutes a day that would make a difference.

- Go on a date. I am resisting this for sure! I can't seem to meet anyone in Montreal. But I remain a hopeful romantic. Until then, I will work on my pecs.

No comments: