Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What I've learned from my Nephews (so far)



They have boundless energy and a zest for life.

when they are mad they get mad....and then it's done.

They are sneaky.

They love to laugh.

They are stubborn. My four year old nephew will say, "Me want ketchup" and I will correct him and say, "No Mylan. It's I want ketchup." And he'll just smile and be silent. He knows what to say. He just doesn't want to say it.

They are competitive. They love playing games.

They speak English and French and a little Spanish. They have had experiences most kids will not have in a lifetime.

They are fearless.

They live full days of wonder, adventure, boredom, pain, heartache, laughter.

I am so inspired by them right now.

They tire me out. I have to take a nap when I am do and all I hear is, "Wake up Tito Mark! Wake up Tito Mark!" for half an hour.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand how my older sister, Anna does it. I am in awe of her.

My love for them is bigger than I imagined.

Thank you Fran, for capturing this moment on film.

No comments: