Wednesday, April 23, 2008

recycle biatches!

Yesterday was a bit of a hard day for me. With the dramatic change of weather my body's been adjusting and coupled with the long hours at work I've been feeling sub-par. It's especially tough because I've noticed that when I am low in energy that's when my mind starts to be active and create negative comments about myself and my life. Also interesting was people's reactions towards me. My peers could tell I was "not myself". One of them asked me if there was anything wrong, worrying that I might be repressing some big issues and holding in bad feelings. But truth was there was nothing really wrong. It was kind of a cool lesson to just sit with that uneasiness and try not to judge it or create a story about it. It simply was. When I got home from work I napped for two hours. My body needed the rest.

The warm weather has been so nice in Montreal. It has been a little tough, because this time of year makes me miss New York City. As more time passes I've been able to create more distance from my experience. It's easy to forget the hardships I had there and paint such a beautiful picture of what was. Perhaps with the foundation I am building here, I can return to New York with a different perspective. I have to remind myself: visiting New York and living in New York or two different things. The buzz you get from that city is very high, naturally the hang over is indeed very, very low.

Work has enabled me to keep my life pretty simple these days. I wake up early, I go to work, work like a dog, and after clocking out I write, read a little, make dinner and hang out with my sister/roommate before going to bed. Not much of a social life I'm afraid. Perhaps I should acknowledge what a blessing that can be, being a loner. After all, it is only the beginning of spring. The party hasn't even started yet in Montreal.

No comments: