Thursday, February 14, 2008

Landmark-ed

I took this three-day workshop to address my issues with money. As a kid, my parents constantly fought about it. I witnessed so many fights that as a child I told myself the story that if I had a lot of money, there would be no more need to fight, ever. That being rich, meant that I was fulfilled, successful and loved.

When my parents paid for me to go to dance school in Toronto I always felt the burden that so much money was being invested into my dreams that if I didn't succeed as a dancer all that money would have been wasted.

During Landmark I realized that this story I have told myself about what it means to be fulfilled and successful is completely distorted. All this time I have been equating my self worth with my net worth.

It is my constant complaint that I do not have enough money. And yet I seem to always be sabotaging myself by continually telling myself that my dreams are always just out of reach. Even with DJing, the little voice in my head always seems to say, "Who are you kidding? You can't DJ. Everyone knows you're a fake. You're not talented."

The possibility I have invented for myself and my life is the possibility of being valuable, abundant, creatively limitless and courageous. I want to pursue my dreams regardless of what people might think or how it looks. But more importantly, I want to truly free myself from my linear, limited view of money and finally acknowledge that I am unique, original and priceless.

the past is the past. i stand in the now. the future is a blank canvas.

No comments: