Sunday, December 2, 2007

...master of none

I’ve had this blog open for a while now and I’ve been struggling to define it. I keep asking myself, what am I going to use it for? What do I want people out there on the wide world web to know about me? That I’m a DJ? A Writer? A big ol’ mess? All of the above?



We’re so obsessed with occupation in our society. “What do you do?” is such a frequently asked question. But does what we do define who we are? I can up with probably a thousand things I want to do in my lifetime. I want to travel, I want to rock climb, I want to write a novel, I want to fall in love again and over and over, I want to learn to make a three course meal, I want to learn French, I want to DJ in Ibiza, I want to own a home in Costa Rica…



When I was young, I wanted to be a film actor. And somehow, here I am, a man of thirty one with several career paths under his belt. I have been an actor. I have written articles and countless journals. I have lived in New York under the radar for almost four years; one of my greatest achievements, I think to date. I have spent most of my life onstage. I still love the world behind the velvet curtain and yet I am fascinated by everyday things and people. I love coffee. I love it. I love going to the theatre, museums, galleries. I like meeting new and interesting people. I am passionate about DJing. I think the life of a professional dancer is underappreciated and one of the most grueling in the world.



What defines me? What is this blog all about? What do I hope to accomplish or discover about myself? I’m not quite sure yet.



So that’s me…and what do you do? Oh, really? That’s nice…

No comments: